The Cal Poly Black Alumni Chapter is a diverse, network of alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents, donors, partners, and friends. This alumni affinity chapter has a vision of creating an alumni community, which seeks to be engaged with their originating program and the University in a variety of ways while providing some of the following benefits:
- Implement programs to enhance educational opportunities and the quality of life for Black alumni, students, faculty and staff.
- Provide a framework for alumni, with interests common to the organization, to meet both formally and informally for educational, professional, and social purposes.
- Advocate the need for Cal Poly to continue an active program of affirmative action to ensure the involvement and participation of Black students, faculty and staff in all aspects of the university, at all levels.
- Establish communication linkages between Black alumni, students, faculty and staff at Cal Poly to maintain a common awareness of issues being addressed or to be addressed by the organization.
- Mobilize resources to assist Black students in their matriculation at Cal Poly.
- Provide assistance in the recruitment and retention of Black students, faculty and staff at Cal Poly.
Interested in joining this alumni chapter? Click here to express your interest.
Click here to view a message from the chapter President.
Click here to read our latest newsletter.
Cal Poly Black Commencement 2017
June 16, 2017, Spanos Theater, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Black Commencement, in collaboration with the Black Faculty & Staff Association, is an annual celebration recognizing the culture and accomplishments of he Cal Poly African American graduating class. This commencement is also a time when students are able to thank their families and friends for their support along the way. Distinguished speakers, special student awards, live performances, and the tradition of wearing Kente cloth stoles hand-woven from Africa, all add to the vibrancy of this celebration.
Cal Poly Black Legacy Weekend 2017
July 27 – 30, 2017
A time for Black alumni, and their family and friends to reconnect with Cal Poly and meet and mingle with each other as well as current students, faculty, staff and the community. This year, we have multiple activities planned, including a trip to Farmers' Market, an Alumni Association reception, wine tasting, Walter's BBQ, a night out on the town, and Alumni Ambassador training.
To register, click here
Barbecue/Tailgate and Football Game vs. Sacramento State
November 7, 2015
Enjoy tri-tip & chicken BBQ lunch, connect with your fellow Cal Poly Black Alumni Chapter members, and meet current and future Cal Poly students! This year, we are partnering with the Cal Poly Stampede Club, and the Cal Poly Black Faculty & Staff Association. We hope to see you there!
MAKE SURE YOU GET AN INVITE TO UPCOMING EVENTS — UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.